Half time sanies - banned

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Costaexpress

Half time sanies - banned

Post by Costaexpress » 04 Jan 2019, 14:11

As a season ticket holder of a number of years I was a little surprised when the stewards pointed out a new sign at the entrance to the Motorpoint stand stating 'No food or drink to be taken inside' I understood the point and I asked if that included the home made sandwich which I always take for half time, as they were unsure I kept them. I have since written to the club and Dawn Brittain as confirmed that supporters cannot take their sanies into the ground and further,expressed surprise that I should have thought we could. Not sure how I feel about this as a senior season ticket holder who also attends a number of away games it seems I need to find even more money to support my club. I understand the point if it was say McDonalds or Kentucky fried where one would rather support the club rather than the local franchise and I am not suggesting I cannot afford the £5-£6 for a pie and coffee each week, it the fact that it just brings an end to a tradition my son and I have shared over the years. Not life or death, however, can't get it out of my head that it seems so mean spirited.

bristleposh

Re: Half time sanies - banned

Post by bristleposh » 04 Jan 2019, 14:18

I have to agree with you, I can understand the reason but the spirit is not as it should be, I occasionally go to the cinema, and always take something to eat rather than pay the grossly inflated prices at the foyer
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 04 Jan 2019, 17:18

I on behalf of PISA 2000 have had clarification from Bob earlier.

Regardless of whether food is purchased from the burger van on site or KFC, the pizza house on the corner, the chippie on Oundle Rd or anywhere outside the ground it will not be allowed inside the stadium.

ashman

Post by ashman » 04 Jan 2019, 17:41

Wycliffe wrote:
04 Jan 2019, 17:18

Regardless of whether food is purchased from the burger van on site or KFC, the pizza house on the corner, the chippie on Oundle Rd or anywhere outside the ground it will not be allowed inside the stadium.
I hope that you have clarified to him that there are an awful lot of very fed up fans. I did a 'bucket collection' outside London Road for Sue Ryder on Tuesday, prior to the Scunthorpe game, and the number of fans that had to stand outside the ground while they ate/drank their wares from Charlie's van, the pizza place or the chippie on Oundle Road and who were really p****d off with this was an eye opener. It's hardly enhancing the matchday experience and people will still buy outside just to annoy the club. They are becoming very shortsighted in their approach to the fans. It's about time that the club started listening to the paying fans gripes.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

stuie

Post by stuie » 06 Jan 2019, 19:07

ashman wrote:
04 Jan 2019, 17:41
Wycliffe wrote:
04 Jan 2019, 17:18

I hope that you have clarified to him that there are an awful lot of very fed up fans. I did a 'bucket collection' outside London Road for Sue Ryder on Tuesday, prior to the Scunthorpe game, and the number of fans that had to stand outside the ground while they ate/drank their wares from Charlie's van, the pizza place or the chippie on Oundle Road and who were really p****d off with this was an eye opener. It's hardly enhancing the matchday experience and people will still buy outside just to annoy the club. They are becoming very shortsighted in their approach to the fans. It's about time that the club started listening to the paying fans gripes.
gpwm
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

stuie

Post by stuie » 06 Jan 2019, 19:08

Surely a forward thinking approach, would be to make the refreshments as appetising inside the ground, pretty small mind thinking from a chairman who has trained so many people to close deals

Perhaps DMAC should start his new food enterprise at London rd
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

topcat87

Post by topcat87 » 07 Jan 2019, 20:53

stuie wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 19:08
Surely a forward thinking approach, would be to make the refreshments as appetising inside the ground, pretty small mind thinking from a chairman who has trained so many people to close deals

Perhaps DMAC should start his new food enterprise at London rd
I have to say having also queried this with Dawn last season when a steward wanted to confiscate some food, as some of us have dietary requests ie gluten free / dairy free etc (therefore cannot eat the food offered by the Club) I was told by her that there would not be a problem bringing our own food in.

PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic » 07 Jan 2019, 22:29

How would any club official know if you were to tuck a packet of sandwiches in a pocket?

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 07 Jan 2019, 23:00

Does this mean I may no longer take into the Ground my sugar free Werthers.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

ashman

Post by ashman » 08 Jan 2019, 02:15

PoshCynic wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 22:29
How would any club official know if you were to tuck a packet of sandwiches in a pocket?
They search you. Nipper was given a present made by a friend. It was a small piece of flapjack which was wrapped in foil and she was looking forward to a halftime snack. Unfortunately a steward found it on her and insisted it was unwrapped because he thought it was a block of cannabis! Laughable!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 08 Jan 2019, 09:25

ashman wrote:
08 Jan 2019, 02:15
PoshCynic wrote:
They search you. Nipper was given a present made by a friend. It was a small piece of flapjack which was wrapped in foil and she was looking forward to a halftime snack. Unfortunately a steward found it on her and insisted it was unwrapped because he thought it was a block of cannabis! Laughable!
To be fair, if you saw nipper with her rattle you'd think she was taking something.

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 08 Jan 2019, 09:51

ashman wrote:
PoshCynic wrote:
Weren't we at a home game this season when a steward made you finish your burger before we went on the terrace?

ashman

Post by ashman » 08 Jan 2019, 10:14

DaveLister wrote:
08 Jan 2019, 09:51
ashman wrote:
PoshCynic wrote:
Weren't we at a home game this season when a steward made you finish your burger before we went on the terrace?
No. Twasn't me! :(

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 08 Jan 2019, 10:52

From a Christmas cracker a couple of years ago, I had a key ring with a little tiny hip flask attached, it worked to take about a double whisky into the ground

Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin » 08 Jan 2019, 13:41

I think there is a real case of double standards being applied, fans can't take food into the ground, but the mascot can take a carrot onto the pitch and it is now endorsed by a sponsor, what sort of message does that send out.