Chompy

Re: Players who have DEFINITELY SIGNED

Post by Chompy » 13 Jul 2018, 19:34

From Forest fans you mean?

Not sure what you mean tbh

tooposhforwords

Post by tooposhforwords » 13 Jul 2018, 20:25

Lol. The majority of them are saying how good he should be for us in League 1. I’ve never seen so much traffic on Darraghs Twitter regarding a signing.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 14 Jul 2018, 00:24

Good stuff.

Due to the generally negative mindset of Posh fans as a whole, I don't think the powers that be are getting the credit for what's been achieved this summer.

Getting players like Naismith, Reed and Cummings into a club that's finished mid-table in L1 the past few seasons? Are you kidding me. We are utterly blessed.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 14 Jul 2018, 00:33

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRtWdRHrJZk

Liking his work. Also thought Matt Godden came across really well in his 7mins plus. A lot of players just go through the motions in these interviews but this one is well worth watching. The guy is driven for sure.

bettingbill

Post by bettingbill » 14 Jul 2018, 07:58

One thing for sure, with 13 new players, the season at worse is going to be very interesting indeed, am getting really excited.
Gutted to see Gwion go, he could have been so influential this year with our attacking option's.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 14 Jul 2018, 08:35

Message to Chompy, Superposh and others. As much as I'm looking forward to the new season, not least because I think we'll be more competitive. I wonder if you have gone the opposite way with your opinions. In the past when people on here have come out with claims of 'not good enough' I tell them to wait and see. I would like to say the same to you about your over hyping every signing 'Wait and see'. I remember getting excited by signings like Rose, Reid, the return of CMS and Samuelson, only to be totally deflated by the related. I hope you're right but please for your own sanity, wait and see.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 14 Jul 2018, 10:15

Eh?

I've always been in the 'wait and see' camp with players I know nowt about, but I watch a lot of football.

On paper we've signed really well this summer, but that was also true in January when Bogle came in.

It's always tempered enthusiasm for me this of year. The only bet I've had in L1 is Sunderland to win it at 9-2 and to get promoted at 7-4.

I won't have any Posh bets until at least a few weeks into the season.

Nobody really has a clue what we've got ort how we'll do this season. That's part of the fun.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 14 Jul 2018, 11:01

The fact we've signed proven lower league players and 3 or 4 that have played at Championship level... Rather than taking more punts on non league players gives me more hope than at the start of previous seasons.

Who would you rather have up front this season.... Cummings and Godden or Miller and Morias?

tooposhforwords

Post by tooposhforwords » 17 Jul 2018, 21:12

I’ve got a feeling that we might be seeing some actual football this season..

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 17 Jul 2018, 21:38

We’ve signed some kid (Isaac Buckley-Ricketts) from Man City & as per usual Evans makes it all about him.

“It is not about individuals here at Peterborough United, which has to be said, it has been like in the last few seasons, we are now a team and it is team Posh, not I,” Evans said.

Totally unnecessary statement.

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 17 Jul 2018, 21:50

tooposhforwords wrote:
17 Jul 2018, 21:12
“ I have watched Peterborough play a few times and they play attacking football, which is the style of play that I am used to”

From new signing Buckley-Ricketts, who has obviously been watching different games to you in the past then.

john316z

Post by john316z » 17 Jul 2018, 22:06

HantsPosh wrote:
17 Jul 2018, 21:38
We’ve signed some kid (Isaac Buckley-Ricketts) from Man City & as per usual Evans makes it all about him.

“It is not about individuals here at Peterborough United, which has to be said, it has been like in the last few seasons, we are now a team and it is team Posh, not I,” Evans said.

You just keep (t)rolling on... 1 man personal crusade... Still trying to convince yourself that your original irrational response is right. It is hilarious seeing you getting so annoyed whilst the rest are just looking forward to what is really going to happen with the new players.... Most excited I've been in seasons. It might all crash and burn but it will be a fun ride....

tooposhforwords

Post by tooposhforwords » 18 Jul 2018, 00:58

HantsPosh wrote:
17 Jul 2018, 21:50
tooposhforwords wrote:
17 Jul 2018, 21:12
“ I have watched Peterborough play a few times and they play attacking football, which is the style of play that I am used to”

From new signing Buckley-Ricketts, who has obviously been watching different games to you in the past then.
I was referring to the entire squad. We had a tinpot squad (apart from a few members) for the past three seasons. I don’t understand people like you who want to continue with the same dregs of yester.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 18 Jul 2018, 07:19

HantsPosh wrote:
17 Jul 2018, 21:38

Like most of your posts.