Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by bristleposh » 09 Aug 2018, 16:45

White G wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 16:02
The burka issue is a sideshow and has been cleverly engineered by Johnson to make people think he is speaking for them. This isn't important on the scale of things though:

Do not judge Brexiteers by their words, judge them by their actions.

• Jacob Rees-Mogg - setting up funds in Ireland to maintain access to the EU for his wealthy investment class mates.

• John Redwood - Advising investors to get their cash out of Britain before the Brexit crash, whilst simultaneously propagandising in favour of "no deal" Brexit in The S*n.

• Nigel Lawson - Applying for French residency so that he can maintain the personal benefits of Free Movement, while the British public lose theirs.

• Michael Ashcroft - Promoting Malta as a great destination for investors to move their cash when the Brexit meltdown hits.

• Nigel Farage - Bagging German passports for his kids so that they can continue to benefit from Free Movement while millions of British kids lose the travel/work/study opportunities that it provides.

• And now Jim Ratcliffe (Brexiteer and Britain's richest man) leaving the UK to set himself up in the tax haven of Monaco.

All of these right-wing Brexiteers have masses of wealth to protect themselves from the economic ruination of the rapidly approaching Tory Brexit shambles they helped to inflict on the rest of us.

But ensuring they're alright while the poor and ordinary carry the burden of their destructive economic policies has always been the Tory way hasn't it? Just look at austerity dogma.
...and your preferred option would be an utter disaster.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

stuie

Post by stuie » 09 Aug 2018, 20:30

White G wrote:
08 Aug 2018, 20:38
It's extremely dangerous to know that anyone thinks Johnson could be a good leader. He puts on an act that he's one of us but in reality he's anything but. He's a selfish, self-centred aristocrat who's terribly out of touch with society. His vanity project is more important than the people he's supposed to represent, butility he doesn't really care about us.
agreed from Tory Stuie
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

White G

Post by White G » 10 Aug 2018, 23:14

I can see this happening on a mass scale.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scot ... s-13059350

PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic » 11 Aug 2018, 19:28

White G wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 23:14
I can see this happening on a mass scale.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scot ... s-13059350
UK residents have moved to tax havens for umpteen years - long before Brexit was ever thought of. Few persons like paying tax and who can blame them. His decision has little or nothing to do with Brexit. He did the same thing some years ago then, when it suited him, he returned to the UK.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 12 Aug 2018, 15:20

as the pound is down 15% from the day before june23 2016 and in my opinion it will go down a further 10% within days of april fools day next year, it seems quite a financially sensible thing to do.
Those who can afford it may well do it

the rest of us will need to suffer and stockpile our tinned food..

never advertised on the liar johnsons bus, but hey ho , whats an increase in costs of 25% (even without tariffs!!)

if anybody believed the round objects about our country's post brexit economy put about by gove fox farage and other clowns before the vote , they ought by now to realise how easily they were duped

does anybody believe now we will be better off ?

if so where is the evidence, is it being flown in via unicorns??

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 12 Aug 2018, 16:48

trevormans wrote:
12 Aug 2018, 15:20
as the pound is down 15% from the day before june23 2016 and in my opinion it will go down a further 10% within days of april fools day next year, it seems quite a financially sensible thing to do.
Those who can afford it may well do it

the rest of us will need to suffer and stockpile our tinned food..

never advertised on the liar johnsons bus, but hey ho , whats an increase in costs of 25% (even without tariffs!!)

if anybody believed the round objects about our country's post brexit economy put about by gove fox farage and other clowns before the vote , they ought by now to realise how easily they were duped

does anybody believe now we will be better off ?

if so where is the evidence, is it being flown in via unicorns??
I like unicorns, I didn’t vote because of the bus, I used my own judgement, it seems as though I was wrong. Especially now as it would appear even the immigration situation is going to remain as it was. I am very disappointed with the party I have voted for all my life. I still maintain however that there is not a political alternative in this country with the main contender being led by an incompetent oaf who also wanted us to leave the Union.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 12 Aug 2018, 17:32

as you know
I will never sing the praises of mr corbyn, and certainly not mrs may, but she is a street better the clown johnson with his second class classics degree

the bus led many people astray, but there were so many other false persuaders

the best the brexiteers are saying now is "it won't be too bad" "we will survive"

this is the opposite of the fine brave new world we were promised

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 12 Aug 2018, 17:54

trevormans wrote:
12 Aug 2018, 17:32
as you know
I will never sing the praises of mr corbyn, and certainly not mrs may, but she is a street better the clown johnson with his second class classics degree

There must be better than May out there, Sajid Javid has done little wrong, Ruth Davidson, Rees-Mogg and Amber Rudd could not possibly do a worse job than the current incumbent

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 12 Aug 2018, 18:10

I will not argue that there are none better than mrs may

Rees mogg however has no leadership experience or skills, and is incapable of looking at reality

javid does not have my trust after his trip to australia with his son, when he said nothing could be done with Tata. when he should have been lobbying tata in bombay that same day

White G

Post by White G » 13 Aug 2018, 20:18

bristleposh wrote:
12 Aug 2018, 17:54
trevormans wrote:
as you know

There must be better than May out there, Sajid Javid has done little wrong, Ruth Davidson, Rees-Mogg and Amber Rudd could not possibly do a worse job than the current incumbent

White G

Post by White G » 13 Aug 2018, 20:20

White G wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 20:18
bristleposh wrote:
12 Aug 2018, 17:54
trevormans wrote:
as you know

Davidson isn't an MP, isn't right-wing enough, isn't elitist enough & isn't Euro-sceptic enough to please the Tory heartlands.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 13 Aug 2018, 20:28

but she is better than mrs may and messes rees mogg johnson fox gove and most others
the mp thing could fixed at the drop of a hat as it was with alec douglas home

White G

Post by White G » 20 Aug 2018, 20:15

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 20 Aug 2018, 20:29

Not as scary as Silence of the Lambs

White G

Post by White G » 20 Aug 2018, 20:51

bristleposh wrote:
20 Aug 2018, 20:29
Not as scary as Silence of the Lambs
You might be sorted Bristle but there's generations after you who won't have it so easy. Having to pay extortionate rents to live in an ex council house which has been sold on the cheap, making it unaffordable to save for a deposit whilst someone who is already sorted coins it in. Welcome to Tory Britain! The whole system is broken.