Bolton Wanderers

Chat about any non-Posh related football matters here.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

tonyp

Bolton Wanderers

Post by tonyp » 29 Aug 2019, 21:15

From the Bolton News.
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... -takeover/
WANDERERS will go into recruitment mode after the Football Ventures consortium completed their takeover of the club last night.

The long-awaited confirmation finally arrived around 6pm on Wednesday evening, which gives the club ample time to register players for this weekend’s away game at Gillingham.
Joint administrator Paul Appleton said Wanderers had been one of the most complicated deals he had ever been involved with but was delighted to announce the sale last night.

"At times, some of the hurdles appeared insurmountable and the frustration felt has been immense, not least by the supporters who have had to endure too many weeks of uncertainty,” he said.

"I would like to pay particular tribute to the Eddie Davies Trust and their legal team who, throughout this whole process, have been willing to do everything in their power to ensure Eddie's incredible legacy was maintained and not sullied.
Being happy never goes out of style

DaveLister
Second Technician

Re: Bolton Wanderers

Post by DaveLister » 30 Aug 2019, 19:15

Great news that Bolton have been saved, but its financial mismanagement thats landed them in this mess.

Exactly the position we were in years ago, though thankfully we didnt reach the stage that Bolton did.

I'll remind people that its Darraghs support and management of the club that means we haven't gone down the route of Bury.

JohnC

Post by JohnC » 02 Sep 2019, 11:29

I am concerned about potential inequity regarding Bolton this season. Currently, teams have been enjoying five-goal feasts on Bolton's approximation of a professional line-up. Later on in the season, other teams may struggle to achieve comparable results against a (presumably) strengthened team.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 03 Sep 2019, 08:55

JohnC wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 11:29
I am concerned about potential inequity regarding Bolton this season. Currently, teams have been enjoying five-goal feasts on Bolton's approximation of a professional line-up. Later on in the season, other teams may struggle to achieve comparable results against a (presumably) strengthened team.
Good point. Luck of the draw I suppose. But it will be a shame if it affects the final positions of some clubs (especially Posh).

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 10 Sep 2019, 22:24

From https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/septem ... -campaign/
Made In Bolton: Wanderers Launch Season Tickets For 2019/20 Sky Bet League One Campaign
Bolton Wanderers supporters will be able to watch Keith Hill and David Flitcroft’s Super White Army at the University of Bolton Stadium from as little as £12.71 per game when they purchase a season ticket ahead of the Blackpool fixture on Monday 7 October.

John Terry's Mum

Post by John Terry's Mum » 15 Sep 2019, 14:50

Well they took a battering yesterday so I doubt that throwing a team together in one day has made them much stronger than playing the kids.
Did you see my growler?