Preview Feature

Chat about any non-Posh related football matters here.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Daniel McCallum

Preview Feature

Post by Daniel McCallum » 26 Jun 2019, 16:12

Hi

I’m features editor at the Sunderland fanzine A love Supreme and its website www.a-love-supreme.com

We are doing a feature previewing all the teams in League One next season and was wondering if you could answer the following questions please?

Thanks in advance

What was the story of your season last year? Highs and lows…

Who’s your best player, ones to watch etc?

How do you think you’ll do against us next season?

How will you do overall next season?

bristleposh

Re: Preview Feature

Post by bristleposh » 26 Jun 2019, 17:21

High point was selling Calamity Jack to Sunderland
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 26 Jun 2019, 18:28

Daniel McCallum wrote:
26 Jun 2019, 16:12
Hi

I’m features editor at the Sunderland fanzine A love Supreme and its website www.a-love-supreme.com

We are doing a feature previewing all the teams in League One next season and was wondering if you could answer the following questions please?

Thanks in advance

What was the story of your season last year? Highs and lows…

Who’s your best player, ones to watch etc?

How do you think you’ll do against us next season?

How will you do overall next season?
High. Seeing Steve Evans come in and actually believing the hype and his fictitious claim to be a promotion machine.

Low. Seeing Steve Evans come in and actually believing the hype and his fictitious claim to be a promotion machine.

Best player/ones to watch. Our most influential and skilful player is Maddison, when on it there's none better in this division.
Our best player? Time will tell and hopefully we'll see a great partnership between Messrs Toney & Eisa but by reputation of potential we are looking forward to seeing young Tasdemir in action signed from Fylde, hopefully he can join a long line of non league signings who have come good (we will gloss over the longer line of flops)

Against you lot Well we should have beaten you at your place last season but drew but nicked a point at LR. I reckon we'll draw at yours again but better you at home.

Where will we finish I said play offs last season but I have to be honest didn't really believe it. This campaign I would be disappointed if we didn't go up automatically but as a club that's (unlike some :wink: ) never lost at Wembley I'll take yet another play off win if not.

Good luck to you luck mate

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 27 Jun 2019, 08:46

From a distance-
High -
Plymouth Argyle 1-5 Peterborough United
Wonderful day in Devon for Posh as Steve Evans' men make it five league wins from five.

Posh made it five league wins from five for the first time in the club’s history at the start of a campaign.

I thought we were in for a great season.

Low - It didn't turn out that way. Those who thought Steve Evans was the wrong man for the job were right.

Best player - Marcus Maddison.
Don't know about ones to watch.

We'll give you a very good run for your money. We should get at least 4 points from our two games.

I expect that Sunderland and Posh will get automatic promotion.
Being happy never goes out of style

Daniel McCallum

Post by Daniel McCallum » 28 Jun 2019, 14:20

Good luck for the season lads
Thanks a lot

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 30 Jun 2019, 09:59

Daniel McCallum wrote:
28 Jun 2019, 14:20
Good luck for the season lads
Thanks a lot
Thanks for the good wishes, Daniel.
It's a shame more of our members (we have 6870 members) weren't prepared to comment.
Being happy never goes out of style