Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Gaz_Miller

Re: New Players

Post by Gaz_Miller » 11 Jun 2019, 05:51

I have no internet friends

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 11 Jun 2019, 07:17

It seems all over the place atm as on Oldham's fans forum they are talking about rangers improving their bid to a fair bit more than 600k, up to a million was spoken of.

Maybe he's chosen us over them, now that would be funny :clap:

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 11 Jun 2019, 10:07

Doesn’t want to be playing The White Hart or the Kings Arms every other week
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 18 Jun 2019, 16:58

Darragh has pulled the plug on the Edmonson deal after Oldham racked up the price.

Looks like Oldham were using us to squeeze more money out of Rangers or Portsmouth imo.

PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic » 18 Jun 2019, 20:23

Who can blame them? Normal business practice. In the same situation, I strongly suspect that Posh would do the same.

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 18 Jun 2019, 20:45

PoshCynic wrote:
18 Jun 2019, 20:23
Who can blame them? Normal business practice. In the same situation, I strongly suspect that Posh would do the same.
I think you are choosing to miss the point.

Of course Oldham can be as harsh as they see fit and call it business, the fact is the lad himself wanted to talk to the club, he and his agent agreed that he would meet up with POSH on his return from holiday. One can only believe that the arrangement, ie the meeting had been advised to the selling club.
The player himself wanted to avail himself of all the information and options he could, I have no doubt he'd spoken with other interested parties and let's be honest if Rangers were serious he'd have gone there.
However, Oldham dictated to 'their' player who he could talk to, if they'd have let him and he wanted to come to London Rd then that would be the time for his club to negotiate not before any such meeting even took place.

PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic » 18 Jun 2019, 21:54

Wycliffe wrote:
18 Jun 2019, 20:45
PoshCynic wrote:
18 Jun 2019, 20:23
Of course Oldham can be as harsh as they see fit and call it business, the fact is the lad himself wanted to talk to the club, he and his agent agreed that he would meet up with POSH on his return from holiday. One can only believe that the arrangement, ie the meeting had been advised to the selling club.
The player himself wanted to avail himself of all the information and options he could, I have no doubt he'd spoken with other interested parties and let's be honest if Rangers were serious he'd have gone there.
However, Oldham dictated to 'their' player who he could talk to, if they'd have let him and he wanted to come to London Rd then that would be the time for his club to negotiate not before any such meeting even took place.
Fair comment

ashman

Post by ashman » 22 Jun 2019, 13:16

'Everybody needs to have a friend'

ashman

Post by ashman » 23 Jun 2019, 16:25

A big welcome to Frankie Kent and all the other new players to our club. Expectations are high but I just hope that fans buy into the ideal that there will no doubt be successes and failings along the way. I hope that we don't go over board in our congratulatory manners after a couple of good wins and/or even worse incredible criticism after just one or two losses. Support is what the team and club need, not nit picking to a ridiculous extent.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 23 Jun 2019, 18:20

ashman wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 16:25
A big welcome to Frankie Kent and all the other new players to our club. Expectations are high but I just hope that fans buy into the ideal that there will no doubt be successes and failings along the way. I hope that we don't go over board in our congratulatory manners after a couple of good wins and/or even worse incredible criticism after just one or two losses. Support is what the team and club need, not nit picking to a ridiculous extent.
Welcome to them all, we are Posh and criticism comes with the territory. Especially the twiterrati, the dotnetters and the Facebook snipers

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 23 Jun 2019, 19:08

bristleposh wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 18:20
ashman wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 16:25
Welcome to them all, we are Posh and criticism comes with the territory. Especially the twiterrati, the dotnetters and the Facebook snipers
you are so bitter :lol:

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 23 Jun 2019, 19:14

Wycliffe wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 19:08

Not any more they managed to block my IP address but obviously I can still read the site using a VPN. I don’t even bother looking that often

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 23 Jun 2019, 19:40

bristleposh wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 19:14
Wycliffe wrote:
23 Jun 2019, 19:08

Not any more they managed to block my IP address but obviously I can still read the site using a VPN. I don’t even bother looking that often
You are the most predictable man I know mate, I genuinely could have written that reply for you. :D

Your ever hilarious posts deserve a much bigger audience than this site :roll: