Posh v Coventry

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

tonyp

Posh v Coventry

Post by tonyp » 13 Mar 2019, 08:36

This is another "must win" game.
Not only must we win, we must win by a big margin. 4-2 may not be good enough. Goal difference could be the decider at the end of the season.
Coventry fans are also calling this game a must win. They think they still have a chance of making the play offs. :lol:
And there will be quite a few of them there on Saturday.
From the Coventry Official site-
"The additional 783 tickets for the away game against Peterborough United this Saturday go on sale from Wednesday.

The initial allocation of 1305 tickets has been sold out, as the Sky Blues face the Posh at the ABAX Stadium on Saturday 16th March, with a 3pm kick-off."

Hopefully we'll give them a good game even if we do have to settle for a 4-2 win.
Being happy never goes out of style

tonyp

Re: Posh v Coventry

Post by tonyp » 13 Mar 2019, 09:04

Friday 15th March….Doncaster v Barnsley... draw
Saturday 16th March ….
Bristol Rovers v Charlton ... Charlton win
Burton v Blackpool ... draw
Posh v Coventry .... Posh

Table
Charlton..66 points + 3 = 69
Doncaster …56 points +1=57
Posh … 55 points+3=58
Blackpool … 53 points+1=54
Coventry … 53 points+0=53

We overtake Doncaster and Coventry and Blackpool are out of it.

Only my opinion.

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 13 Mar 2019, 09:24

I think we will only win two more games from now till the end of the season. Home: Coventry Lose. Southend Win. Gillingham Win. Sunderland Lose. Burton Draw. Away: Portsmouth.Lose. Blackpool Lose. Fleetwood Draw. Walsall Draw. 9 points from our last 9 games and that's being generous!

ashman

Post by ashman » 13 Mar 2019, 09:50

pleasureboy60 wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 09:24
I think we will only win two more games from now till the end of the season. Home: Coventry Lose. Southend Win. Gillingham Win. Sunderland Lose. Burton Draw. Away: Portsmouth.Lose. Blackpool Lose. Fleetwood Draw. Walsall Draw. 9 points from our last 9 games and that's being generous!
That's the way to support your club! :roll:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 13 Mar 2019, 10:25

ashman wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 09:50
pleasureboy60 wrote:
Ive supported this club for 54 years and so I feel that qualifies me to say exactly what I think of this club. I also stand by my thoughts that this chairman is currently a contributing factor as to why this club has stagnated since being relegated from the championship. Until he continues to be the puppeteer and continues his role of owner, manager and coach,then we will go nowhere. Surely 6 seasons of stagnation must make him realise that what he's currently doing is not working. It doesn't take a genius to realise this!
Last edited by pleasureboy60 on 13 Mar 2019, 11:10, edited 1 time in total.

ashman

Post by ashman » 13 Mar 2019, 11:08

pleasureboy60 wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 10:25
ashman wrote:
pleasureboy60 wrote:
Ive supported this club for 54 years and so I feel that qualifies me to say exactly what I think of this club. I also stand by my thoughts that this chairman is currently a contributing factor as to why this club has stagnated since being relegated from the championship. Until he continues to be the puppeteer and continues his role of owner, manager and coach,then we will go nowhere. Surely 6 seasons of stagnation must make him realise that what he currently doing is not working.
If you have supported the club for 54 years you must know that we are in a much better place than we have been over some of the dark days. Supporting the club in the manner in which you are doing, negatively criticising all aspects of the club is only going to push us further into the mire.
Nothing will change for next season, whether we go up or stay in this league. Darren Ferguson is staying, Darragh McAnthony is staying and with a few tweaks to the playing staff next year will probably be a year of consolidation followed by a decent tilt at promotion.
DMac, the Canadians, Barry Fry et al are all going to be concentrating on getting the club back to where we were before that idiot Evans was appointed. IMO he has cost the club two years of progression and a lot of DMac's dosh too!

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 13 Mar 2019, 11:12

pleasureboy60 wrote:

Ive supported this club for 54 years and so I feel that qualifies me to say exactly what I think of this club. I also stand by my thoughts that this chairman is currently a contributing factor as to why this club has stagnated since being relegated from the championship. Until he continues to be the puppeteer and continues his role of owner, manager and coach,then we will go nowhere. Surely 6 seasons of stagnation must make him realise that what he currently doing is not working.
I've supported this club for nearly 70 years even though the majority of those years have been from a distance.
But I really don't see DMac as" a puppeteer, manager and coach"
However I agree with your other comments.
I think that he has shown that he is not a good selector of a manager.
I can only hope that he proves us wrong and his faith in Fergie turns out to be justified.
I still think we can make the play-offs.

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 13 Mar 2019, 11:46

ashman wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 11:08
pleasureboy60 wrote:
ashman wrote:

If you have supported the club for 54 years you must know that we are in a much better place than we have been over some of the dark days. Supporting the club in the manner in which you are doing, negatively criticising all aspects of the club is only going to push us further into the mire.
Nothing will change for next season, whether we go up or stay in this league. Darren Ferguson is staying, Darragh McAnthony is staying and with a few tweaks to the playing staff next year will probably be a year of consolidation followed by a decent tilt at promotion.
DMac, the Canadians, Barry Fry et al are all going to be concentrating on getting the club back to where we were before that idiot Evans was appointed. IMO he has cost the club two years of progression and a lot of DMac's dosh too!
Sorry but I don't share your optimism. I feel in two years time we will both be having a similar discussion with Fergie gone for not getting us promoted and the club more or less where we are now!

ashman

Post by ashman » 15 Mar 2019, 11:51

Peterborough United v Coventry City

Referee: MICHAEL SALISBURY

ASSISTANT REFEREES: David Plowright and Leigh Crowhurst

Fourth Official: Marc Wilson

ashman

Post by ashman » 15 Mar 2019, 11:55

pleasureboy60 wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 11:46
ashman wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 11:08
pleasureboy60 wrote:

Sorry but I don't share your optimism. I feel in two years time we will both be having a similar discussion with Fergie gone for not getting us promoted and the club more or less where we are now!
Could well be. I just hope that my optimism outweighs your pessimism!
Whatever, it just backs up my theory about the harm SE and PR have both done to our club.

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 15 Mar 2019, 15:02

The weekend begins early. All Poshies should be cheering the Tykes on tonight on Sky Sports.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 15 Mar 2019, 17:41

pleasureboy60 wrote:
ashman wrote:
pleasureboy60 wrote:
Ive supported this club for 54 years and so I feel that qualifies me to say exactly what I think of this club. I also stand by my thoughts that this chairman is currently a contributing factor as to why this club has stagnated since being relegated from the championship. Until he continues to be the puppeteer and continues his role of owner, manager and coach,then we will go nowhere. Surely 6 seasons of stagnation must make him realise that what he's currently doing is not working. It doesn't take a genius to realise this!
You do realise, pleasureboy, without that chairman we wouldn't have been in the championship to get relegated in the first place?

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 15 Mar 2019, 17:53

DaveLister wrote:
15 Mar 2019, 17:41

You do realise, pleasureboy, without that chairman we wouldn't have been in the championship to get relegated in the first place?
....and the way things were going before he stepped in with his money there was every chance we could have been in the same boat as Scarborough, Chester, Torquay and Rushden
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 15 Mar 2019, 22:41

Poshay wrote:
15 Mar 2019, 15:02
The weekend begins early. All Poshies should be cheering the Tykes on tonight on Sky Sports.
A weakened Barnsley hold Donnie to a draw. Posh can leap frog them tomorrow. :wink:
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 16 Mar 2019, 10:04

Poshay wrote:
15 Mar 2019, 22:41

A weakened Barnsley hold Donnie to a draw. Posh can leap frog them tomorrow. :wink:
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761