Bob Higgins

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Bob Higgins

Post by ashman » 12 Jun 2019, 12:36

Former coach Robert Higgins, known as Bob, was sentenced at Winchester Crown Court on Wednesday for 45 counts of indecent assault against 23 victims.
The ex-football coach has been jailed for 24 years and three months for sexually abusing aspiring young players.
:clap2:

https://www.theposh.com/news/2019/june/ ... statement/
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Claude Rains

Re: Bob Higgins

Post by Claude Rains » 12 Jun 2019, 14:37

Not really a matter that needs a celebratory emoji

The club have done the right thing by getting their statement out quickly. Crewe Alexandra looked absolutely appalling when they seemed to be in denial about Barry Bennell after he was sentenced.
You can see me. Nobody sees me, do you hear me? Nobody sees me. I'm invisible!

ashman

Post by ashman » 12 Jun 2019, 16:00

Claude Rains wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 14:37
Not really a matter that needs a celebratory emoji

The club have done the right thing by getting their statement out quickly. Crewe Alexandra looked absolutely appalling when they seemed to be in denial about Barry Bennell after he was sentenced.
I can't think of a better indication that this 'predator' has been sent down for a good long stretch, other than a celebratory clap emoji. As you say, we have treated the situation properly right from the word go; unfortunately the police and other authorities dragged their feet and tried to ignore the situation in 2013 and it took until another complaint in 2017 before they really did something about it. Well done Posh!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 14 Jun 2019, 21:03

Dirty bastard deserves every minute. I hope he suffers as his victims did. Agree with Claude, the club did the right thing in accepting what he did.